The United States is known for greeting and accepting immigrants with open arms; we are a country of immigrants, after all. However, the immigration process isn’t always straightforward or easy, which is why if you’re facing an immigration-related issue of any kind, you need a knowledgeable and skilled Queens immigration lawyer in your corner. Fortunately, you are in the right place. Contact Vasiliou Law today to learn more about what we can do for you.
Immigration Lawyer | Serving Clients in Queens and Throughout New York City
Vasiliou Law is proud to help countless immigrants achieve their American Dream, and we would be honored to listen to your story, assess your needs, and, from there, strive to reach the outcome you deserve. Speak with a dedicated Queens lawyer from our legal team so we can get started working on your case.
Our Immigration Services
Vasiliou Law has extensive experience handling the gamut of immigration matters on behalf of our clients. Just some of the things we can assist you with are as follows:
- Applying for a visa to enter or stay in the United States. There are many types of visas available, depending on your purpose and eligibility. Some of the most important visas include family-based visas, fiancé(e) visas, work visas, student visas, and diversity visas. Vasiliou Law can help you determine which visa is best for you and guide you through the application process.
- Seeking asylum or refugee status in the United States. Asylum or refugee status is a form of protection for people who have been persecuted or have a legitimate fear of persecution in their home country because of their race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group. You may apply for asylum if you are already in the United States or for refugee status if you are outside the United States. We can help you gather evidence and present your case to the immigration authorities or the immigration court.
- Defending you from deportation (removal) from the United States. Deportation is the worst-case scenario for many immigrants who face serious legal consequences for violating immigration laws or committing crimes. However, there may be some defenses or forms of relief available to prevent or stop your deportation, such as cancellation of removal, adjustment of status, waivers of inadmissibility, voluntary departure, or prosecutorial discretion. We can help you explore your options and fight for your rights in immigration court.
- Obtaining permanent residency (green card) in the United States. A green card allows you to live and work permanently in the United States. You may be eligible for a green card through various categories, such as family sponsorship, employment sponsorship, refugee or asylee status, or other humanitarian programs. Our legal team can assist you in preparing and submitting your green card application and represent you before the immigration authorities.
- Becoming a U.S. citizen through naturalization. Naturalization is the process of voluntarily becoming a U.S. citizen if you meet certain requirements, such as being a lawful permanent resident for at least five years, being able to speak, read, and write basic English, and having good moral character. We can help you prepare for the naturalization test and interview and accompany you to the oath ceremony.
Ultimately, these are just some of the immigration issues we handle on behalf of our clients. If you are facing any of the aforementioned, or any other immigration-related matter, please don’t hesitate to speak with a seasoned Queens immigration lawyer from our legal team for guidance.
Contact a New York City Immigration Lawyer
Vasiliou Law has years of experience representing clients in Queens and throughout New York City who are facing a wide range of immigration issues, and we are prepared to put that experience to work for you as well. Contact Vasiliou Law today so we can listen to your story and begin working toward a favorable outcome on your behalf.